Monday, July 29, 2013

Over the tops

With the smell of freshly baked pork pies filling the car, I drove 'over the tops' to Silsden. 

You can go  this way over the hills or take the valley road there. I had almost forgotten what it was like so I took the adventurous route. 

Lots of up and down hills then I came to Kildwick. It is a tiny farming village dominated by Kildwick Hall. I had forgotten how nice it looks on a sunny day, but then most things look nice on a sunny day! 

Here is a shot of the old house. I have no idea who lives there now. Probably one of the new rich robber bankers who invested his bonus here. 

As I drove over the hills and slowly descended into Silsden, I took a few more shots of the valley. Some of you still ask where I am from and what it is like.  Here you can see for yourself. 

I escaped when I was 16. I was one of the lucky ones! Most people say how pretty or attractive it is. Well, er...yes ... er...but not when you are 16 and your 'sap is rising'. Time to explore bigger places!


No comments: