Saturday, May 23, 2020

Okay 2

I'm happy to report that I am still okay. The wound on my right leg is healing and I no longer need medicine or bandages. My allergies are now reducing although they should have gone by the end of April. I wear a mask and rubber gloves when I go shopping or travel on public transport. Like most people, I am getting used to wearing these things. I told you my flight to the UK in July was cancelled. Now the UK Government has announced that all people flying there from 1 June will have to spend two weeks in quarantine! Looks like I shall not be flying there this year.

I am now reading a book about Karlshorst. This is the district where I live. It is in the south-east of the city and has a large horse racing track. It was officially created on 25 May 1895. There were plans to have celebrations last week, but these were cancelled for reasons I am sure you can guess. The book has lots of drawings and old black and white photos. It is famous for the building in which the documents were signed ending WW II in Europe. It was an Officers Club but is now a museum. Put it on your list of places to visit the next time you come to Berlin.

As you can see in the other photo, one bottle is ready to replace another. The new one if called Kvint: Divin Aged 10 years. It comes from Moldova and was a present from Daniel. I think it is an equivalent to whisk(e)y. I'll know better next Monday evening when I have visitors and we shall taste it. Back to reading - have a look on the internet about the history of Moldova. Very interesting - and it has the largest underground wine cellar in the world. Amazing!

No comments: