Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Whiskey Walk

Yesterday I went for a walk with Johanna and Martina. We met near the U5 rail line that goes to the eastern parts of Berlin. We walked to the end and turned right in the direction of Kaulsdorf. Then we turned to the south and picked up the little river that flows into the River Spree at Köpenick. That was our destination. We had a couple of stops on the way to enjoy the weather and views of trees starting to bloom. The stops also allowed my fellow walkers to have a picnic-snack.

We arrived at S-Bahn Köpenick . I was hungry for I had not taken food for a picnic. We went into a restaurant - pub opposite the S-Bahn. I used to go there whenever I came into the area. They had a one menu meal on offer and well priced at 6 Euro. Not bad! We all drank beer for we had walked 10 klm and needed some liquid. The beer went well with the food and it gave us the chance to relax and talk about future walks and who was to organise what.

On returning home, I checked my e-mails and found a small message from Ian and Birgit saying that Irish help was on its way. At first I could not understand until I remembered my last but one post. Then I understood. This morning there was a knock on the door and Mr Postie gave me a packet. Inside was the promised Irish help. Here you can see what has now replaced my bottle of Jura. Big thanks to Ian and Birgit for being so generous. I have spent the day in 'self-isolation'. Have you?

No comments: