Thursday, October 24, 2019

Another Week

Nearly a week since I last posted. Nothing special to report. It started with touring properties owned by my housing association. I was elected a 'representative' so I get invitations to such things. The tour is organised each year and designed to show we 'representatives' new extensions, flats, gardens, bicycle shelters etc built in the previous year. I find it very interesting and informative. I also like the meal in the hotel when it is all over!

On Sunday I went to the Philharmonie with part of my 'Kowalke Gang'. A concert of 4 pieces by Russian composers. A wonderful event! I didn't want it to stop. Superb playing by a pianist and a young man with his cello. I could hardly believe that he played half of the concerto with his eyes closed. I envy such musical talent.

Monday had all my usual meetings with something special in the evening. That was to sip a glass of sekt-sparkling wine with Marita, to celebrate her birthday. Lot of talking and catching up on news. Tuesday had my usual meetings. Wednesday afternoon I went to the monthly meeting of my local museum supporters group. We were told about plans to make changes to the building, install a new exhibition complete with 'new technology' for visitors - the smartphone is taking over everything!

This morning I had to go to an office to register some papers and tomorrow I hope to have a Photoshop session with Stefan after doing some 'Oldie' training with Kerstin. In the evening I shall meet most of my Kowalke Gang for a session of eating, drinking and looking at photographs taken in Japan. More of that later.

No comments: