Sunday, November 04, 2018

More Rubbish

I'm not sleeping very well at the moment. I wonder if it has anything to do with the change to winter time and if anyone else has the same problem. Moving to something nicer, how about this. I saw it in a newspaper as a poster on a wall. "A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear". It made me smile when I read it. I'm not sure if the following will make you smile!

Here is some more spoken rubbish and collected from  BBC Radio 4 news interviews. I think I should title this: 'How NOT to learn/speak English!'  / the square is not a circle / I want to inquire of you / we have leverage to press ahead / people who is /you can't actualise your values / he is duke-ing it out / I'm completely, absolutely on board / to set a spending envelope / they fly to Africa to overwinter / the removal of agency / a huge big bucket of people / that these terrible things are not happening on our watches / positive and negative benefits for the organisation / it is less good / they have no-one to unpick their issues with. 

I think that's enough for today. Now read them again and note why I call it spoken rubbish. I'm off for lunch now, then a doze and get my papers in order for next week!

No comments: