Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Fire Brigade

This means Feuerwehr in German. I left home last Saturday afternoon and noticed lots of people and loud music at the end of my street. I wondered what was happening. I walked there to discover lots of people, many were young families with children, enjoying a 'Fest' = a festival or party in English.

It was the local Fire Brigade Festival when they open the doors to the public. In the photo you can see a nice old redbrick building. This is my local fire station. Behind it is a large green, garden area and once a year there is a party.

Lots of music, some live, lots of stalls selling mainly food and drinks and play areas for children. There were also demonstrations by firemen/women to show the public how they work. They are held in great respect in Berlin for we all know how we depend on them when we need their help.

No comments: