Monday, September 22, 2014

Close up

I can now get close up from a distance. No, that doesn't mean body to body contact! It means I can see you in close up from a distance. How is this possible I am sure you are asking yourself. Answer: With a new camera lens. On special offer at half price!

I have just bought a Sigma Telezoom - Objektiv (this means a lens) 70-300mm/4.0-5.6 DG Macro Canon. Made in Japan.

Thanks to Silke I now know what this technical jargon means. I think we'll have to meet again so she can show me a few tricks about how to use the lens.

It can expand to over double the length of my standard lens. My basic lens covers 18 - 55mm. Compare this to the new one at 70-300mm, and you can see that I can get up closer from a greater distance. 

Perhaps I can photograph the pork pie shop in Skipton from Silsden on my next visit.  But then I would rather go there to buy some :-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

300mm! Wow. To avoid camera shake you may have to buy a tripod or lay off G&T.

Anonymous said...

This comment really made me smile! Thanks.

The truth is that two of us had played around with the camera with the new lens. We altered different setting hence the 'shake' you mention. I didn't notice it until too late so either erase the pics or post to the blog.

I took the second option. I have two tripods but did not have them with me. G&Ts stay on the agenda during summer. Pity that summer ist vorbei :-((