Friday, May 23, 2014

Spargel



This week I have been very busy supporting the campaign of SPD candidates in the EU elections which takes place next Sunday. Even so I took time off to go to Jüterbog on Wednesday. It is to the south west of Berlin. I enjoyed the break and change of scenery.

I have posted reports about visits to Jüterbog before so I shan't bore you with repeating it all. Nice to see the couple again, catch up on news, talk about health and getting older, future and holiday plans and of course, a good lunch.

How about this photo? Yes, I ate it. Mmmmmh...delicious! It is Spargel time (Asparagus) which is quite a tradition here. You eat them with a butter sauce, potatoes and small pieces of meat. Simple, but very tasty.

For my EU readers, don't forget to vote on Sunday if you have not done so already!


No comments: