Monday, August 05, 2013

From the river

While still in Budapest, we took a cruise boat one evening. I enjoyed seeing the city centre from the river as darkness fell. It was also cool after another warm day. You can take a boat tour through Berlin and you will experience the same. It all looks different from the water.

There are a lot of bridges over the Danube. I took lots of photos and like to see them again. I selected only a couple for this story. I include a shot of the family as they listened to the tour over headphones. I like it because they did not pose for the shot.

Later we went for a walk on the Buda hills opposite the Parliament. I discovered the Presidents Palace which includes his office and official residence. Here is a shot of me posing outside the door. The police guards just looked on in a very bored way!

Next day we headed north-east to the city of Miskolc to the family house. They are building a new one in the hills north of Budapest but it is not ready yet. The one in Miskolc is also in hills. Cycling on the flat is much easier folks!





No comments: