Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Nenagh

I spent my last evening in Tipperary in the town of Nenagh. It is north of our old family district but close to lakes and I wanted to see both land and water before Dublin.

I found a nice hotel near the centre and booked in. Good price and very good room and service. After freshening up I drove out of town to Lough Derg, which I am sure you will know is a large lake to the north and forms part of the border of County Tipperary.

I visited the lakeside towns/resorts of Dromineer and  Portroe before driving back to the hotel as the sun set. At the hotel I 'dined' in their restaurant, wandered in the garden then dozed in front of my TV until it was time to 'hit the sack'. I felt happy about the day as I fell into a deep sleep!

Next morning I had a traditional breakfast before packing my bag, starting the car and heading south to pick up the M7 to take me east to Dublin and my last full day in Ireland.

No comments: