Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Good News!

I got some very good news about 10 minutes ago. Heike called to say she had got a message from Christian, who had been in contact with Marcel. What a string of messages!

Marcel had told Christian about the results of his exams on Monday and Tuesday this week. They were in German and English. He got his results today. He got a 1 in German and a 1 in English = highest marks! Well done Marcel!

I thought he would do well in German after his course in Berlin this summer, but I was not sure about his English. I think that only using English when he was with me must have helped him.

The result is that he doesn't have to go to these classes in his final year, which starts next Monday. Instead, he can use the time to focus on the topics he wants to study later in university.

 Let's present him with a flower arrangement to congratulate him on his success!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the gratulation, for the funk, and last but not least for this beautiful picture about the flower! The conversations with you helped me a lot, on the other hand the preparation with the grammar book. The first step was made going back to Berlin, I hope the followings will be succeed too!
Marcel

Anonymous said...

Don't mention it Marcel. You did very well and I look forward to helping you in the future. Enjoy the first day of your last day at school :-)
Keep commenting - John

Anonymous said...

Correction .... I should have written..

first day of your last year at school!

Even a genius like me makes simple mistakes :-)