Monday, October 03, 2011

U-Day

Today is a public holiday. It marks the unification of East and West Germany in 1990. The 'U' in my title means unification.  The sun shone and the sky was blue. Very nice day!

I met a couple of Oldies and off we went to Berlins largest lake. We were not alone. Hundreds if not thousands of families and Oldies had the same idea. It was interesting to see how the people celebrated this important day 21 years after the event.

Not surprisingly, a lot of the time was spent in sitting, eating and drinking! Here are a few photos I took of the locals celebrating - mainly through the mouth :-)

One is of me about to eat a delicious fish dish. It is just for you Andrea so you can see that I have not stopped eating on my days out!

It was a very pleasant relaxing day. We ended it in alocal bar having a cool beer. That comment is just for you Jan!

No comments: