Monday, July 11, 2011

July things

Posting late into July, but better late than never. I'm getting back into my routine plus sorting out my new Acer laptop. For some reason Windows 7 Service Pack 1 will not download and install. I wonder why. I notice that nothing has fundamentally changed at Microsoft since my defection to Apple!

I am allowed to train with my Oldie group each Friday. I have also joined three other Oldies who like to cycle about the place. My first tour with them is tomorrow. Dentist appointment today - trying to hang onto a tooth. So far okay. Went to a workshop about teaching Intercultural Competence yesterday. It was great and I learnt a few more things. Back to German lessons and did my homework this morning.

I am also applying for a visa to visit China in September. I have to sort out health insurance before I can complete the form. Just a matter of time before I join the queue at the embassy to get the important stamp on my passport. Let's see what happens.

Who has a birthday in July? Jutta had her 63rd on the 2nd and Adele will celebrate on the 26th. Happy Birthday to both.  There were a couple of other memories this month. The first was remembering David who died three years ago on the 3rd, and that Lew got his doctorate on the 14th in 2004. I was present at both events!

No comments: